Welcome To my Blog!

This blog will be dedicated to style and design of all kinds! I believe that everyone's own style is personal and unique and should be expressed. This blog will give you tips, ideas, and info on how to do just that through interior design, fashion, and more! Live life your style!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Tropical Banana Bread



So it's that time of year when you start craving the fresh tropical flavors of summer, but also need something warm and comforting since it's still cold for many of you. This recipe will satisfy all of those things. It's easy and delicious and definitely a staple in my house (I seriously make it about once a month to feed the addiction of a certain someone, lol) and something I'm somewhat famous for with all my friends, hehe. The recipe below makes two loaves or you can switch it up like I sometimes do and make one loaf and a batch of muffins. If for some crazy reason you don't care for the tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut you can leave them out and mix in something else like chocolate chips for a more decadent bread or just make it plain and traditional. Enjoy


Tropical Banana Bread

1/2 cup margarine softened (I use margarine, but you can use butter)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
3-4 extra ripe bananas (the blacker the better)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. of baking soda
few pinches of cinnamon
1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup flaked coconut

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl whisk together flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl (I use a really large bowl because this recipe makes a lot and you don't want it spilling everywhere) mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until well mixed, scraping down bowl as necessary. Next mix in vanilla and milk. Gradually add flour until well mixed.


Next peel bananas and mix them in (I don't mash my bananas ahead of time as most recipes traditionally call for because if they are soft enough it's not necessary and I like to have some chunks).


Fold in coconut and pineapple until combined. Spray loaf pans and divide batter into pans. Sprinkle coconut in a line down the center (this step just makes it look pretty).


Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 mins, depending on your oven, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment