Welcome To my Blog!

This blog will be dedicated to style and design of all kinds! I believe that everyone's own style is personal and unique and should be expressed. This blog will give you tips, ideas, and info on how to do just that through interior design, fashion, and more! Live life your style!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Make-Up

If you haven't noticed I'm a little Spring obsessed lately which is funny since Florida hardly suffers a winter... Today I'm sharing some of my favorite spring makeup, most of which I've been wearing for years and can easily cross over into alternative seasons. Every season, there is always a list of "hot new products" which is great but some of the "oldies" truly are the "goodies"! My advice is add at least one new product each season that way you aren't overloaded with new products but are still branching out of your normal routine. Here we go..


"Tempting": MAC


"Pink Chiffon": Cover Girl


Eyes: Two trends this spring are a warm goldish brown eye and a light bright highlighted eyes. The two products above are great for accomplishing this look. I love "Tempting" because you can apply it light or dark depending on the look you want. It's great for creating a milder version of the smokey eye, and the brown really helps light colored eyes to pop. The shimmery gold tones in it also help make your skin glow. The light pinkish white shadow is so versatile and great for highlighting areas. I usually apply it on top of my lid as a base before any other shadow, and then apply after everything else below the eyebrow to make my eyes look bright. It's good because as you move and the light hits it, different areas of your eyes will be highlighted. I've been wearing this since high school (no joke) and at under $5 it's a must!



"Giddy Pink": Bare Minerals



"Bronze" Shimmer Waves: Body Shop



Cheeks: For your face, spring is all about pink and bronze. The colors should work together. I like to first apply the bronzer on cheeks, brow, and nose for a warm glow. Then layer the pink blush just on the apples of your cheeks to complete the look.


"Creme d' Nude": MAC



"Dominique": Buxom  for Bare Escentuals


"Morange": MAC


Lips: This spring it's either all or nothing for your lips. The two trends are either a nude lip or an all out flashy lip color. For the nude look, I like to do a subtle lip color under a clear gloss with sparkles for a high-shine look. I especially love the gloss above because it has a little brush applicator, is not sticky, and has a minty smell and tingly feel. For the bold colored look, orange tones are definitely the go-to shade. I love this version from MAC, but look around and see what suits your skin tone. Another popular spring lip color is purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment